If you want to visit a beach on holiday, please take into consideration the following aspects:
- If possible, choose beaches that have a Blue Flag. These beaches take environmental measures, are safe and clean.
- Are you also fed up with all the litter on beaches? Litter is annoyance #1 for holidaymakers. Therefore, always store your waste in the designated waste containers
- Do not undertake activities that disturb marine life and pollute the water, such as jet skiing or sailing on a speedboat
- In some countries it is not appropriate to sunbathe topless: especially in Muslim and developing countries you should not do this. In some places it is even forbidden!
- After a few days on the beach, you want to go out again. Then visit the picturesque towns inland to sample some culture. Also ask about the market days: it’s very nice to wander around a local market, chat with the locals, buy some stuff. That way your beach holiday got a bit more diverse and interesting!