When you are travelling in natural areas, please take into consideration the following aspects:
- Always try to visit vulnerable nature reserves with a local guide. This guide can tell you all about the special flora and fauna that the area has and about the do’s and don’t’s in the nature reserve
- Never leave the paths: so you don’t trample the vulnerable nature and don’t disturb the animals
- Beware of fire in nature reserves (campfires are often forbidden)
- Wild camping is not always allowed: check this in advance!
- Also go to a less well-known nature park. There are no hordes of tourists, you can enjoy nature undisturbed and you relieve the busy tourist routes.
- Don’t just buy souvenirs. There are a number of souvenirs forbidden to enter, such as shells and coral, hides, stuffed animals, etc. These souvenirs are forbidden and you can receive a hefty fine at customs.