Swimming with dolphins
If you are planning to swim with dolphins on holiday, please take the following into consideration:
- Let the dolphins take the initiative to approach you, not the other way around.
- While observing dolphins, boats should limit their speed and be vigilant so as not to change direction and speed quickly.
- Boats should remain at an appropriate distance so as not to disturb the dolphins.
- Sound should be reduced at all times.
- Dolphins should never be followed, separated or enclosed by boats.
- Up to three boats can observe the dolphins for extended periods of time. In case there are several or other boats waiting, the observation period is limited to 10 minutes and make way for these boats.
- Do not encourage the so-called ‘bow swimming’ of dolphins by deliberately sending the boat through a group of dolphins. In case a dolphin or group chooses to swim out in front of the bow then keep the original course and speed.