Have you become interested in becoming a volunteer for our organisation? Don’t look any further! All the information you need is on this page.
As you might know by now, Fair Tourism is a non-profit organisation that works enthusiastically on sustainable tourism, where nature is protected and the local people are actively involved. Huay Pu Keng is currently the first and only show village in Northern Thailand that has made the transition from show village to CBT. In the future, we want to assist other communities making this transition. Next to helping the locals establish CBT, more awareness needs to be created on CBT and sustainable tribal tourism. In order to achieve this, we need the help of enthusiastic volunteers. Are you highly motivated and interested in sustainable and community-based tourism (CBT)? Are you an independent person that isn’t afraid to show initiative? Do you want to help us create a better world for many generations to come? Sign up as a volunteer on this page!
As a volunteer at Fair Tourism, you will be working with an international team of people. You will be able to do a lot of different things that help us. Examples of tasks are:
- Creating new content for the website and social media pages
- Establishing new partnerships (from different countries)
- Doing market research (e.g. helping to create surveys/interview questions and spreading it). We want to make more countries aware of CBT and Huay Pu Keng, so volunteers from different countries are very welcome!
- Investigation of the effects of COVID-19 on CBT (researching whether behaviour during and after the pandemic changed among travellers, what can Fair Tourism do to help in this period)
- Do you want to assist another community with CBT? You can work on a project under the name of Fair Tourism.
- Further developing and translating our website. Previous knowledge of WordPress would be helpful for this task.
At Fair Tourism we are very open to and interested in new ideas and suggestions by our volunteers. You are also allowed to suggest a certain task if it isn’t mentioned above. As a volunteer at Fair Tourism you can let your creative mind run freely. Do you want to see who currently works for Fair Tourism? Check this out here! Together we can fulfill our mission!
If you want to apply as a volunteer, please click here.
Are you a student looking for a place to do your thesis/internship? Click here to see the possibilities!